New website

On the one hand I would like this first post on my new site to be an expression of optimism, anticipation and bubbling excitement. On the other hand, I have been reduced to a blubbering heap by my introduction so far to nameservers, cPanels, installations and all things recalcitrant and web-related. I will just have to fall back on my tried and trusted mantra: “it seemed like a good idea at the time…”

Here’s hoping that a little more time will soften the memory of my startup trauma and that I will learn to love the new technology. If you’re willing to be patient with me then I will be more than usually grateful for the pleasure of your company along the way.

new website” was posted by Cally on 30 Sept 2010 at http://callybooker.co.uk

1. Amy

Take a deep breath, Cally, and have a cuppa. Website looks fabulous!!! Love all the big pictures that really give a good sense of the textile. Looking forward to following you here.

2. Peg in South Carolina

Beautiful! Did you design this all yourself?

3. Alison

Your new website is lovely and makes my eyes happy!

I know what you mean about new sites and the learning of new ways. I started one, but haven’t managed to get very far so it sits. 😉

good luck with the new place – you are already doing an awesome job!

Thanks! I am gradually finding my way around – a bit strange to be lost in your own website, but it seems to be reasonably robust to my crashing about.

I’m afraid I can’t take the credit, Peg, as the “theme” design is one I bought off-the-peg from organicthemes.com. I decided to splash out on one whose structure I really liked and I’m slowly adjusting the details as I find out how it works. Next thing to go may be all the pink hyperlinks…

6. Desirée

It looks great! Congratulations to your new look, I’m sure you will find your way.