Hooray for getting to test the effect of sunshine on mood — it definitely worked today! I went off to work in the university library, not because I needed access to any books, but because I wanted the 15 minute walk on a sunny morning. And I got the bonus of a longer walk back because it is steeply uphill… Then this afternoon I worked in the living room beside an open window as the cats snuck in and out, sunning themselves alternately on the floorboards and the windowsill. If the weather was always like this I would be so productive. Or so I like to think.
I’ve cut off the first batch of P2P2 sampling and re-threaded to try some of the 12-shaft Brighton honeycomb. At first sight it looks a mess, but that is mainly because the best patterns are now appearing in different parts of the warp and I haven’t adjusted to that yet.
Looking at the 8-shaft samples, the networked version works well technically but it doesn’t really go with the multi-coloured cell approach I liked in my pre-sample.
While the light outline/dark cell or dark outline/light cell looks good in the honeycomb areas, in the plain weave areas you basically get checks. I’m not very keen on checks. You can see the effect in the middle right section above, where the beige crosses the blue. I found the networking more effective in the plainer areas, where the pattern rather than the colour is the main attraction.
Off to weave more of the 12-shaft kind now.