I had quite forgotten that I haven’t posted any pictures of my 12-shaft honeycomb sample. It certainly has a waffly look about it.
However, I don’t like it as much as the 8-shaft version. The cells are nice and deep, but the larger size gives less sense of movement. And to be honest it wasn’t very comfortable to weave. The lifting sequence is 3 shafts, then 5, then 7 and finally 9 shafts — and back again. I added a basketweave selvedge on the other four shafts so add 2 to all of those. 11 shafts are pretty heavy, but the 5 shafts go flying up and I found it hard to get into an even rhythm. It might be easier on a countermarche loom, but I only have 8 shafts on the Delta.
So I have a nice little selection of samples to ponder, but in the meantime I thought I’d indulge myself. Another of the images Meg sent has lots of big shapes and bright colours so I just grabbed some yarn and made a warp.
I haven’t even come up with an original draft. I’m using my favourite echo triangles to try and create areas of bold colour. My yarns aren’t as bright as the paints in the image (wish I had more of the really zingy reds!) but I’m still having fun.