readyish

Christmas is a funny old deadline. If I haven’t done a thing by 4 o’clock on Christmas Eve then that thing is not going to get done. There is no catching up later: it’s either there or it isn’t. Fortunately, I don’t have many preparations to make this year, as my esteemed mother is hosting the Christmas feast. S & I just need to turn up at the appointed time bearing gifts for all the family and willing to help with the serving/clearing up.

Luckily that gift-which-needed-to-be-rewoven has been rewoven and it looks fine. Here are takes one and two shown side by side – with and without shaft-sticking errors. The second batch of purple yarn doesn’t have the depth of the first batch, but it is not something you notice if you don’t have the first one there to make the comparison! (Note also that I took this picture before wet finishing the new scarf, so the yarn isn’t as fluffed up on the right as it is on the left.)

I have also finished my own Christmas treat, the wavy socks:

And I’ve finally wound the warp for my double cloth study group project:

I have my new heddles at the ready and plan to be working on this next week. Other than that, we Bookers are easily pleased. We have a case of wine, a selection of cheeses, a good stock of baking ingredients and the King William’s College Quiz. And we still have 19 hours to go.

Merry Christmas, Everyone. Thank you for sharing your time and thoughts with me as I blog around my weaving life. It’s a pleasure and an honour to have your company on the road.

readyish” was posted by Cally on 23 Dec 2011 at http://callybooker.co.uk

1. Laura

Best wishes to you both.
    cheers,
    Laura

2. Sheila Carey

Merry Christmas to you and your family and the cats!

May 2012 be a great year!

Sheila

3. Dorothy Stewart

I’ve just cleaned out P&M’s supply of heddles, they need to send another 100 in the New Year !
    Have a very happy Christmas and kindest best wishes for the New Year.
    Dorothy

Merry Christmas to you and S and Abigail and the rest of the B&E families. And FYI, your/my India towel is enjoying an extended holiday in Yokohama, being cared for by Mama!

5. Elaine fw

Is the wine to last until 12th Night, or only until Hogmanay? With that King William’s quiz, I would go straight for the wine and forget the quiz!
    The tree looks lovely — Have a great Holiday!
    Elaine fw

Thanks everybody. This year’s quiz actually has some quite easy sections (compared with last year’s anyway) so we’re already feeling good about ourselves and we’ve barely started on the wine!

Love those socks! And the scarves (both of ’em) are beautiful. Give one, keep the other; after a while you’ll come to love it for all its blemishes.

8. Alice in Richmond

A Very Merry Christmas to you to Cally!

I really love your socks…and as a bonus they fit your feet!!