Looking for more yarns of the right size and texture to use as inlay, I found these two balls of handspun.
No, of course I didn’t label them — you must be confusing me with an organised person. After some prodding and brain-racking, I reckon the one on the left is Blue-Faced Leicester and the one on the right is Teeswater. I am planning to use at least one of these and possibly both. They feel quite different (BFL being soft and bouncy, Teeswater more springy) but I am not sure whether they will look sufficiently different as inlay to make a detectable visual effect. Only one way to find out.
I have finished the squares in silk. From this angle, I can just about make out the blocks in the ground cloth too…
And the new twill medley warp is on the Megado and being sampled. Not a huge amount of progress in the last week or so, but many assignments and tests have been marked and research has been presented.