I only gather information about individuals in order to provide products and services. These include handwoven items, weaving workshops (which may be booked online at Weaving Space), blog posts and my newsletter.
What data do I gather?
I may collect the following information:
- Contact details (such as email address, mailing and/or billing address, telephone number)
- Details of your purchase or workshop booking
- Occasional survey data (to ascertain your experience of a workshop, for example)
- Anonymised website usage data
Note that I do not gather or hold any financial details such as credit or debit cards. All online payments are taken via Stripe or PayPal.
How do I use your data?
I use your data to deliver products and services relating to handweaving.
Specifically, I may use the data:
- For my own internal records
- To provide an item or a workshop you have purchased
- To manage waiting lists for workshops which are over-subscribed
- To contact you in response to a specific enquiry
- To manage this website and my Weaving Space and Bonny Claith websites
Storing and deleting your data
All my devices are password protected, and I use encrypted services where required e.g to backup essential business records. I only keep your data for as long as is necessary and then I delete it using file shredding (on my computer) or actual shredding (for paper records). This website, as well as my Weaving Space and Bonny Claith websites, are protected with SSL certificates so that your details are kept secure whenever you make a booking or purchase online.
My website makes use of a number of cookies to help things run more smoothly, e.g. to protect us all from an outbreak of spam and to tell me which are the posts and pages that people visit most often. By visiting this site you are accepting the need for the essential cookies, but you can opt out of some of the non-essential cookies by using the Cookie settings dialog box. You can revisit your cookie consent at any time by clicking ‘Manage Cookie Consent’ at the bottom of the page.
You control your data
If you decide that you no longer want to receive information from me you can
- Contact me to request that your details be removed from my mailing list
- Write to me at my studio (the address is given below)
- Click on the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of any newsletter
I will never, ever sell your data! And I won’t share your details with anyone else, unless it is required by law.