The movement is so slight it is barely perceptible, but I am creeping (or perhaps I should say crawling, on bleeding hands and knees) towards the finish line. I’ve made the necessary revisions to my thesis; they have been approved; I’ve argued (and lost the argument) about rounding with one of the data providers, so I’ve made more changes; those have been approved; everything has been reformatted to the ridiculous specification required by the library (which serves to make it 50% longer and therefore 50% more expensive to print!) and, as of today, the absolutely final version is now with the printer being turned into hardbound copy. I just need to schlep to Glasgow one more time to get my supervisor’s autograph on the last section of the form and turn the whole lot over to the Registry. In a few more weeks my life as a postgrad will finally be at an end. And not long after that my life as a postgrad tutor will be over too: just one more marking mountain to climb.
And I’ve beamed my third sectional warp, following on from these bright samples.
I am getting quicker and better at it, so of course it was time to complicate things up a bit. Although it is – like thesis completion – barely visible, there is a lighter red in play in the middle(ish) than at the edges. Getting the right colour in the right places was distinctly challenging and I may have failed, but I will work it out as I progress with the threading.
In other news, I’ve started a new-to-me venture: blogging for Craftsy.com. I will be contributing to the weaving blog every two to three weeks and my first post is here. Laura Fry and Kaz Madigan are already among the regular contributors, so it is shaping up to be a useful resource. If you are learning to weave or are looking for some new ideas to enhance your weaving, then I completely objectively recommend you follow along.