Today I lined up my four serious scarves ready for a photoshoot and then discovered my camera battery was nearly flat. Unfortunately, it is the kind which you have to take out of the camera for recharging so I had to eat cake while I was waiting. By the time the cake was gone, so had the light… I really Must Do Better. Nevertheless, I did manage a few shots before the battery completely died, so these will have to do for now.
Here are the results so far of my Goethe colour experiment:
And here, for comparison, is the wrapping that started me off:
It is harder to see the patterns in a photo, but here is a slanty look at the blue (wave) and rust (brick)…
…and an even less effective shot of the red (square) and green (curved triangle thingy):
The green curved-triangle-thingy has already been much discussed, but I don’t think I have said anything about the red squares. At first I thought squares might be a bit boring, but then it seemed as though jazzing them up would be too fancy — these patterns were meant to be simple shapes to complement the colours, and the green had already got a bit out of hand. So what I ended up with was this pattern of smaller and larger squares, slightly offset to liven them up a bit:
I’ve used a bright blue weft in the drawdown just so that the pattern shows up. In fact, I am really pleased with the way all these patterns have turned out. On the loom they look quite dull, but once the lace has tightened up with washing, the whole scarf is transformed. This makes me happy.